Wednesday, January 31, 2007

paper cuts

I sliced my finger pretty good today on a piece of paper from my binder at work. I wrapped it in a tissue and pressed firmly. I took it off, but another drop of blood formed. I remembered that I put some band-aids in my purse. Last time I had a paper cut, I had no band-aid.

I am extremely prone to paper cuts. It's so embarrassing!! It sounds like such a nerdy problem. Dust has this problem too. : ) Not that Dust is nerdy or anything.

A year ago, my co-worker got a paper cut on her finger at work. I told her that I had a band-aid. I put it on her desk, but she didn't use it. I couldn't figure out why. I ran scenerios in my head of why someone wouldn't accept a band-aid. I knew she was a smoker but was hiding that fact from everyone. Maybe she didn't want to get the band-aid on fire when she smoked. I think I ended up taking the band-aid back off of her desk.

I think if I used more lotion on my hands I wouldn't have this problem. See Dust, I fixed my own problem. I guess I shouldn't talk about paper cuts anymore. : ) j/k (see Dust's blog)

9 comments:

T said...

A lot of times I fix my own problems by talking them out! (Ooopss...wrong blog! :) )

Paper cuts...well, since you fixed your own problem, I guess the only thing to say is "ouch...that really hurts." I did see the bandaid now that you mention it.

Maybe your coworker didn't want to tell you she has allergies to some bandaids. :) :) :) :)

shakedust said...

Interestingly enough, this is the first I have heard of the paper cuts. Um, how does the paper cut make you feel?

Also, the quote, "Not that Dust is nerdy or anything," sounds a little like sarcasm. I'm sure I'm just being paranoid, though.

roamingwriter said...

I've heard lotion does help with reducing paper cuts. (Oh, oops, I'm being a know it all)

Achtung BB said...

That's not fair. Men don't carry lotion around. Maybe Dust would get less paper cuts if he did

f o r r e s t said...

Maybe, she didn't take the band-aid because it was only a paper cut. Try her again when she slices her finger open with a utility blade.

Doc said...

Utility blade? I saw that exact scenario last week. It needed more than a bandaid though!

windarkwingod said...

One time I was licking envelope number 138 and dragged that sucker right across the corner of my mouth like it was a straight razor...AAAUUUGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

gigi said...

I used to work in the file room at my first job... a hundred years ago, and I used to get paper cuts with those pendaflex file folders. They are kind of cardboardy, you know? Anyway... it was awful, I seriously would almost cry.

gigi said...

I used to work in the file room at my first job... a hundred years ago, and I used to get paper cuts with those pendaflex file folders. They are kind of cardboardy, you know? Anyway... it was awful, I seriously would almost cry.