Saturday, January 06, 2007

fresh start

I like January because it is the beginning of a new year and I feel like I have a fresh start on everything. I do try to make some new year's resolutions each year. They usually only last a couple months at the most. Here is a list of what I am working on:
  • Reading the entire Bible in one year. My brother told me that he was doing it and I decided that I would also. We can encourage each other to stick with it. We are reading it chronologically. We are using the list on www.backtothebible.org. I think that trying to read it in 60 days is too hard and you won't have much comprehension.
  • Having a healthier diet. I tend to eat a lot of junk food. I want to eat more salads and fruits and veggies. I want to limit my pop and chocolate intake.
  • Investing time with people. I get annoyed when I am trying to work/get a task done and someone talks to me. I need to enjoy people more and establish better relationships.
  • Taking time out to spend with NJ. Chores can always be pushed back especially to when he is sleeping. Play and be a kid again with him!

7 comments:

shakedust said...

Golden and her brother are reading through the Bible in a year. I would never be able to keep up if I tried.

I think Golden is better at keeping resolutions than I am. Had I made any New Year's resolutions they would be broken by January 3rd.

T said...

I'd probably break my resolutions before the end of the new years celebration! I have wondered recently if I set specific goals if I would achieve more? I think I might and I guess that's the biggest thing I'm working on personally. Figuring out what goals I need to have that are achievable but will still cause me to grow as a person too, so a little out of my comfort zone. I'm not swearing off Diet Coke or Never going to watch tv again, but maybe less of each would be a good start! :)

I admire those who resolve to do things and I think the reading through the Bible in a year is awesome, I've thought about it and tried a couple times, but I haven't been successful, I wonder if the chronological way would be helpful? I'll have to look into that.

T said...

I'd probably break my resolutions before the end of the new years celebration! I have wondered recently if I set specific goals if I would achieve more? I think I might and I guess that's the biggest thing I'm working on personally. Figuring out what goals I need to have that are achievable but will still cause me to grow as a person too, so a little out of my comfort zone. I'm not swearing off Diet Coke or Never going to watch tv again, but maybe less of each would be a good start! :)

I admire those who resolve to do things and I think the reading through the Bible in a year is awesome, I've thought about it and tried a couple times, but I haven't been successful, I wonder if the chronological way would be helpful? I'll have to look into that.

Dash said...

Sounds cool - baby's first Christmas is always cool!

Achtung BB said...

Resolutions are tough. Good luck

f o r r e s t said...

my resolutions is to watch "24" this year.

roamingwriter said...

I have a printed chronological Bible. The beginning was hard - leviticus, straight through BUT it has gotten really interesting since then, seeing where the psalms fit in with other stories and things. However I'm on June...I started last February. I'll get there some day, but not in just one year.

I try to keep the spending time with people one in mind too. I can be like you, focused on my task and annoyed by the interruptions.