Wednesday, January 24, 2007

know-it-all

The phrase "know-it-all" has negative connotations. It shouldn't be a bad thing to possess knowledge. The key is how you relay the information to others. And the attitude and tone. I have been trying to evaluate myself to see if I come across as a know-it-all.

There is a reason that I have been thinking about this. I have noticed that I get annoyed when I am around a "know-it-all." Sure everyone gets annoyed by that type of person. I think my reason has to do with the fact that I wanted to be the one to share the knowledge of whatever it was. A couple of people have stolen my thunder. (nobody in blog land : ) ) Maybe I just need to be quicker to talk. I think I have an inner desire to be a teacher, so I like to share things.

I told Dust that I wanted to come out and tell these people that he/she is a know-it-all. Dust said that wasn't a good idea. : ) A scripture verse came to mind today when I was thinking about all of this. It says something to the effect of "for as much as it depends on me, live peacefully with one another". That is kinda hard sometimes.

4 comments:

T said...

Some people enjoy being a know-it-all! I wish I were a know it all, but I would get bugged even more if I knew and people were steeling my thunder! :)

shakedust said...

You're such a know-it-all. :) Nope, actually I'm the know-it-all in our family (not in the positive way).

What's fun is to watch know-it-alls compete. I hate to lose those competitions.

Achtung BB said...

Shakedust is right. But that's ok, I've learned a lot from his "know it all comments". He does really know a lot.

roamingwriter said...

I'm afraid I think I know it all, but I maybe don't. So does that make me simply annoying?