Wednesday, January 17, 2007

American Idol addict

Yes I have to admit that I am addicted to American Idol. I have been watching the tryouts that played last night and I am watching it tonight. I like the brother and sister that made it to Hollywood. They had pretty skin-their mom was white and dad was Pakistani maybe?

I bought Chris Daughtry's CD a couple weeks ago and have been listening to it in the car. I like his rocker voice but the songs are aimed at people younger than I. It seems that all pop/rock songs are about broken relationships with yourboyfriend/girlfriend. I can't relate.

I also received Carrie Underwood's CD for Christmas. I like her voice also but some of the lyrics I can't relate to. My brother teases me about liking her song, "Jesus, take the wheel." He thinks it's cheesey.

Maybe I will grow out of this Idol phase that I have been in. Or I might just think twice about buying the CD's.

5 comments:

shakedust said...

I like watching the first few episodes with the people who don't know how to sing. Friends don't let friends play the fool on American Idol.

T said...

Tonight was my first night of seeing an entire episode. But I catch glimpses from time to time. I also like Carrie Underwood's voice. I liked Clay Aiken's voice too until I saw more of him, now he just seems redundant and a little full of himself.

I think I like Simon, I agree with his statement tonight--he gets blamed for a lot that just isn't his fault. If people are bad, it's his job to tell them.

What did you think of the blonde girl and her mom?! YIKES! The brother/sister duo are cute. I don't know that they'll make it very far?

Achtung BB said...

With out sounding too critical, is Paula Abdul really a good judge of talent?

roamingwriter said...

Too painful for me, even if I could tune it in. I think I don't pay attention to lyrics much just beat, then one day I listen more closely and I discover like you that I can't relate!

f o r r e s t said...

I don't care for it...a celebration of mediocrity...if you ask me.