Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Labor Day weekend

Dust, NJ and I went to visit my family in southern MO. We had a really great time. On Saturday, we all went to "The Landing". It's similar to "Legends" in KC. My brother's girlfriend also came with us. It was our first time meeting her-she's really nice. We had dinner at Garfield's. Dash, we didn't have the steak-a-lada this time. But we all had steak besides my brother's girlfriend. She's a vegetarian.

On Sunday, we went to SDC. It was extremely crowded. We were hoping to make the church service at the Wilderness Church at 11 am. The traffic and crowds got us there too late. Dust mentioned that we rode the barn swing ride. It was pretty cool! NJ enjoyed watching us from below. Grams (my mom) said that his head followed the pendulum back and forth. It was southern gospel picnic weekend. We saw Dottie Rambo in concert. It was a blessing that NJ slept through the entire concert sitting with Gramps (my dad).

On Monday, we went to Bass Pro in Springfield. It was my Dad's birthday and he picked Hemingway's for lunch. NJ enjoyed watching the fish in the equariums. He wanted to run around the store--which was the bad thing. Overrall though NJ was pretty good all weekend! I really enjoyed being with my family and we had lots of fun!

5 comments:

Portland wawa said...

I never made it to SDC. I bet it's fun. Miss you guys.

shakedust said...

It was fun overall. Having NJ around generally limits the number of things we do at SDC, but I don't think the SDC appeal to Golden is to do many things. :)

Achtung BB said...

Our Labor day weekend sucked since I was on call and couldn't go too far from work.

T said...

Glad you guys had a great weekend! Sounds like a great time.

f o r r e s t said...

Dottie Rambo...did she shoot bullets with her voice?

Long Live SDC.