Thursday, September 20, 2007

stir crazy

Yesterday morning I was a bit stir crazy. I decided that NJ and I needed to get out of the house. I knew that Toys R US didn't open until 10 am. So, I thought I would see if there was a park nearby. I stopped by the public pool nearby because I thought there was a playground there. No, I was wrong. Just a basketball court. So, NJ and I waited in the Toys R US parking lot with the other moms and their kids anxiously waiting for the store to open. NJ got so excited when he saw the Diego toys and books. I ended up buying a Diego book because he didn't want to put it down. I was going to buy him some more toys anyway. I don't have that many age appropriate books for him. He is bending the pages on most of his books that are too old for him right now. I also bought him a beaded maze block. It is a wooden box with a wire beaded maze on top. He played with it all afternoon yesterday. He loves it!

I am going to have to find something to do to get out of the house more often. We have MOPS on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays. I enjoyed the meeting and am looking forward to the next one. I am thinking about taking NJ to the Deanna Rose Farmstead next week. They had a good playground for toddlers.

I always thought I was a homebody. Until I am home all the time.

5 comments:

Portland wawa said...

Sitting home would drive me nuts too. I bought the kids each a toy a couple weeks ago because 90% of the time, I say no. But sometimes I have to say yes??

They were talking about a guy on the radio who won the lottery but turned it down. And I got the thinking, if we won the lottery, would I quit my job and stay home? My first thought was no. Too boring. I applaud moms who can do it.

shakedust said...

What makes it harder for Golden is that NJ wants to spend his time with her even when I am home, so she is stuck at home and dealing with NJ all day.

T said...

I think Deanna Rose sounds like a lot of fun. We did Silver Dollar City with N a lot and then after we moved to KC we did the Zoo A LOT! The IMAZ movies are cool and it's a good place to get out and just walk around. I assume it's still that way--I haven't been there in years. We only took Chan there once. The back yard and big sis entertained him! :)

Achtung BB said...

When I was home with the kids for a while, I would take them to Dena Rose. I love that place. It's fun and free.

f o r r e s t said...

Soon you should know where every park in town is.