Monday, September 10, 2007

Dust, the barber

Dust gave NJ his first official haircut on Saturday. We recently purchased an electric hair trimming set--what barbers use. I was not familiar with how to use the different size combs on the trimmer, so Dust was the barber. NJ was a very good patient. He sat still on my lap as the buzzing trimmers went over his scalp. I know that I wouldn't have been able to swipe my little boy's beautiful hair away. NJ had some really long bangs! There were some long pieces in the pile on the floor after the haircut.

My little NJ looks very clean cut now. It wasn't a buzz cut--there is some length to it. He did, however, lose the golden glow that his hair once had. His hair seems duller to me now. But he is still my cute little boy! I will post some pictures in a later post.

6 comments:

Portland wawa said...

My little boy will fuss like crazy when we cut his hair. He hates the barber trimmer thing we bought. So I cut it now. I'm sure NJ is still adorable. I hate cutting Nibbles hair, I want it long.

Achtung BB said...

Woogy doesn't do well. We usually have to bribe him

shakedust said...

I was scared about NJ putting his hands between the scissors blades or getting jabbed when he moved his head around, so the clippers were the only way to go. I was very impressed with how well NJ did, but I am not convinced that it will always be that easy.

T said...

Sounds like he did a great job! :) I had to hold cman for the first few cuts he got. It wasn't long after that I bought clippers because he sat still better for me then other people. It's so sad when they have their first cut and lose that official "baby" style. I can't wait to see the pictures! :)

Anonymous said...

*chants* Pictures, pictures, pictures!

:o) Glad the first cut went smoothly.

Dash said...

We've been teasing N about decided to get her hair cut after we tried to convince her not to.

It's a whole different ballgame when they make their own hair choices.