Monday, October 02, 2006

my office

I just realized today that it was my first time to work alone in my very own office at work. When our company moved to a new suite, I was training someone to do my job. We worked together. She quit and I had to train someone else. Then we worked together until I had the baby. Last week, I just watched her do my job. I sat behind her at her desk. Today I got to fully enjoy having an office to myself.

It was so nice to not have someone watching me do my job. And it was nice to not have to watch someone else do my job. I love working when it is quiet and peaceful. It was so much easier to concentrate on what I was doing.

Now all I have to do is to get my co-worker to quit coming in my office and talking to me. : ) I don't mind the occasional chit-chat. It is all the ideas that she has on how to do things differently that bothers me.

8 comments:

shakedust said...

You have something I don't have: A door.

T said...

I have a door!:) You need to make a sign for your door "Want to change things? Try the next office!"

f o r r e s t said...

Dust, she has a few more things that you don't have, but we won't get into that here.

GoldenSunrise said...

I don't like to close my door. That seems a bit too anti-social.

Anonymous said...

*Sighs longingly* ... What I wouldn't give for an office! Our office cubes are a joke. They date back at least to the eighties - I'm guessing more like the seventies. They've got fake wood paneling on the bottom half and then plexi-glass on the top half. We can see everyone all around us. And on top of that, the fake walls do absolutely nothing to mute the sound, so we can also hear absolutely everything going on all around us. Tons o' fun when we've got more than one person on speaker phone.

I'm glad you've got your own space!

Dash said...

Door...... oh sweet shelter. I'd give up my 19 inch flat panel monitor to get you back.

But your company went out of business and pulled us apart. I remember you and our good friends, potted plant, credenza, and bookshelf.

Door .... I miss you more than all the others; even more than Framed Successories Print (but don't tell him).

Jadee said...

OH I KNOW exactly what you are talking about! My last job...even though I was in the front part of the office...but I mostly had it to myself...I felt very safe and at "home" there.

Now my new job, (that I just started a week ago Monday) I have a "U" shaped desk area, in the middle of 10 other "work stations"...NOT even cubicle walls on the side of our desk! Talk about feeling exposed!!! (And they just installed my new flat screen monitor today and I feel even more vulnerable without the BIG BOX monitor!!!)

roamingwriter said...

I have a coworker who keeps trying redo processes - that I wrote a manual for. I don't really care what process we choose as long as we stick to one, actually do it, and don't have to keep changing the manual every week (and no one looks at it or abides by it anyway!)