Thursday, October 05, 2006

Oobi

Have you seen the Oobi cartoon on the Noggin channel on cable? I can't believe that is a show! Or maybe it's just a skit that is part of another show. An Oobi is just an adult human hand with two eyeballs on top! Did they not have money for material to make a puppet?

I can't believe that it made tv. Imagine hearing the idea of a hand talking as an idea for a kids show. I would have said that it would never have made it past the idea stage.

Do you ever have those thoughts about other tv shows or toys? Shows and toys that become popular sometimes amaze me. Like who would ever have thought talking vegetables would be a successful cartoon for kids-(VeggieTales).

8 comments:

Jadee said...

i think i remember that one...there were some strange ones that's for sure....lol!

keep me posted on some of the new "kiddie" stuff you are getting introduced to nowadays!

T said...

Yeah, Oobi is weird. I can't hack that one.

shakedust said...

Just about everything for kids strikes me that way.

windarkwingod said...

how bout eatin' worms on TV (Fear Factor) But I guess these days worms are small potatoes. Bigger stuff to be had - see Dash post.

Dash said...

Oobi may be weird but it's not as bad as Maisy.

On the other hand, I started out feeling that way about Caillou ... then I became addicted and was disapointed when C-Man didn't want to watch it.

roamingwriter said...

LL has talked about Oobi, though I have never watched it. She thought it was dumb and was amazed at how much little kids like it. Whoever sold it was certainly a marketing guru!

Dash said...

... or really really lucky that their last-minute-no-budget idea on the way to meeting kept them living to play another day.

f o r r e s t said...

once again I am lost in a world without cable television.