Sunday, October 22, 2006

Tigers or Cardinals?

For the last couple of weeks, I have been watching the playoffs for the World Series on tv. I haven't watched baseball on tv in a very long time. It has peaked my interest because my family are Detroit Tigers fans. Over the last couple of years my brother has become a huge St. Louis Cardinals fan. He even bought season tickets this year for the Cardinals. He has been selling the ones that he can't go to on Ebay. So, my brother is a bit torn about the World Series. He grew up a Detroit fan, and still is one. But he is also a Cardinals fan.

My brother and my Dad will be going to one of the World Series games. He said he wants to wear a Detroit hat with a Cardinals jersey. My brother wants my Dad to wear his Detroit jersey with a Cardinals hat. He thinks that will make a great conversation starter. I told him he might get taunted or yelled at. Especially if he is sitting in the area of the season ticket holders for the Cardinals. I think my Dad is rooting for Detroit. He grew up in Michigan. My brother is so excited about going to the World Series. He said it is the perfect father/son event.

10 comments:

shakedust said...

Golden didn't mention that she married a Tigers fan who was also secondarily a Cardinals fan growing up.

I'm loving the World Series this year.

T said...

Sounds like a great dad/son thing to do. I think it would be awesome to go to a World Series game that's about the only championship game that I'd be interested in! :)

The only other Tigers fan that I know of (besides your family now) is Magnum PI! :) LOL But growing up in Central Indiana there were lots of Cardinals fans.

f o r r e s t said...

I am sorry, but the world series sounds boring to me. I haven't been interested in baseball since the early '90's. I used to like baseball - I don't know what happened.

Dash said...

Here's what happened Forrest:

Field of Dreams
Bull Durham
A League of Their Own
The Natural
For the Love of he Game.
.. and Fever Pitch

Baseball is way more fun with a dramatic score and training season montages ... not to mention Tom Hanks saying "there's no crying in baseball"

shakedust said...

Forrest, watching all 162 games would be trying, but when the games mean something and you care about one of the teams, it is a lot of fun.

You do sound like a lot of Royals fans I know. :)

f o r r e s t said...

exactly!

roamingwriter said...

Funny - there's a girl here who lives, eats, and breathes baseball AND she's a cardinals fan. We've all had to do lists of who would win etc. I put the cardinals as a final team for the world series, so I'm still in. I'm rooting for them though I'm not watching any games! ha!

T said...

Tigers or Cardinals?

Cardinals...definately! :)

windarkwingod said...

My Grandfather has never seen his favorite team - the cards - win a world series. He's always wore the cap with his overalls. I was asked to wear a tiger costume for a local kid's crusade this friday. I don't believe in omens...

windarkwingod said...

Congrats Redbirds &
WOO HOO GRANDPA!!!