Monday, August 07, 2006

"baby person"

I was talking to a lady at chuch who said that she was a "baby" person. She recently adopted two children and both were past the baby stage. She was upset by that because she enjoys the "baby" stage. She was looking forward to being awakened during the night. And loosing sleep. She told me that she would love to watch NJ anytime. Wow, I can't fathom wanting to go through the sleepless nights.

I realized that I am not a "baby" person. I can't wait until NJ can tell me what's wrong with him. I am more of a toddler person. I can't wait until NJ is running around saying and doing cute things. Although, I have been warned about the terrible two's.

I never enjoyed playing with baby dolls as a little girl. It never interested me to give a doll a bottle or change its diaper. I was given dolls, but they just sat on my toy shelf. I preferred stuffed animals. They were low maintenance. : )

5 comments:

T said...

I wasn't always a baby person. I did play with my dolls :) But I usually played like they were older! I feel bad admitting that I didn't get the "baby" people until mine were out of the baby stage. Now, I too have become a baby person! :)

f o r r e s t said...

I don't like babies either...or I am not a baby person.

...And people who like babies who don't have any babies but want to hold your babies - give me the creeps.

So....One baby post a week - tops! J/K :)

shakedust said...

Not to say that we don't love our baby, but I agree. :)

The stuff that I believe I will enjoy the most with NJ is still a few years away. I'm looking forward to the age where they have minds of their own, but they still think their dad knows something (about 6 to 11).

roamingwriter said...

Yeah, not a baby person either. It's awkward when someone wants you to be. Not that I mind them either. As far as dolls, I think I made them walk around and act out imaginary stories, they didn't get to "behave" as babies.

windarkwingod said...

I think I'm more of an action-figure person.