Thursday, August 17, 2006

tv

I have been watching more tv shows now that I am home during the day. I have noticed there are plenty of '80's sitcoms on cable. I watched an old episode of the Cosby show the other day. It got me thinking about how there aren't many family centered sitcoms anymore. One new one that comes to mind is "The War at Home" on Sunday nights. The parents on the show are pretty bad at parenting. They are extremely open with their kids about everything. The sad thing is that there are probably families out there like this one.

Another show that I watched was "Quantum Leap" with Scott Bakula. I used to love this show.

One program that I am looking forward to this fall is 'til Death with Brad Garrett from "Raymond" It looks pretty funny. The popular tv shows now seem to be dramas. With all the medical and law programs out there.

6 comments:

shakedust said...

The problem with most family comedies are that they are not incredibly funny. Sigh.

We're both looking forward to 'Til Death. It looks pretty funny given that I think we are in the middle stages between newlywed and old married.

T said...

I like the hour shows better, I think it's because I'm a little too schedule oriented. If a good 1/2 show is on that's fine, but then what if the show before or after isn't good? Then you have 1/2 an hour of flipping or watching the last 1/2 of an hour show.

With PVR that's not as much of an issue. But I also get bored with the comedies fast. They cover everything and then it's just a bunch of repeated jokes.

Anonymous said...

Did you ever watch "A Different World" - the show that came after the Cosby Show and was loosely related? I don't know if Dust remembers watching it, it was only vaguely familiar to me when I saw it on tv not that long ago. The humor was a bit more grown-up than the Cosby show, so I don't think we were allowed to watch it much when it originally aired.

During grad school on one of those late-night homework nights that it came on at 1am and 1:30am. I'd fight to stay awake through my reading and work so that I could stay up even LONGER and watch the show!

f o r r e s t said...

Is 2 1/2 Men a family-centered show?

Dash said...

Quantum Leap is a fantastic show ... my favorite episode is when Sam "leaps" into himself at age 16 and plays "Imagine" for his sister before Lennon had recorded it.

... oh and there was that "one time" wink wink .... when Sam leaped into a woman's body and fumbled with Makeup and pantyhose :-)

roamingwriter said...

I'm not very good at being hooked on a show. My habits are too erratic. I did like the hour drama Without A Trace. Sometimes CSI, though CSI tends to have themes that are not family oriented. Sometimes not even Roamer, the grown up oriented.