Friday, August 29, 2008

baby girl

Last Tuesday I had a second sonogram. The doctor found a problem with the baby's kidneys. The valve between the kidney and the bladder either have not developed or aren't working properly. So, her urine is coming back up from the bladder into her kidneys making them enlarged. The doctor assured me that this is common and to not worry about it. There is nothing that they can do right now. When our baby girl is 6 weeks old, the dr. will probably do an ultrasound on her kidneys to see how they are doing. Please keep our baby girl in your prayers!

4 comments:

Portland wawa said...

I am so sorry, Golden and Dust. I will pray everything works out allright.

Achtung BB said...

I hope the doctors are right and it's not too serious. Nobody wants to hear that for their baby. Keep you in our prayers.

shakedust said...

Thanks for the prayers! Of all the things that can go wrong, this is probably among the most manageable. We are thankful that the baby is otherwise very healthy.

roamingwriter said...

I'm sorry about this - I saw it on Dust's facebook a few weeks back. That has got to be hard to hear at this stage. So many things sort themselves out by birth. Hope you've gotten better news and some peace about the situation since you posted.