Monday, August 04, 2008

beat the heat

NJ and I wanted to go to the pool today, but when we got there at 10 am it was closed. I guess the baby pool at Marty Pool isn't open anymore at 10 am?? We sat in the parking lot for a little while just to make sure we weren't too early. I guess I should have looked up the hours on the website. I didn't want to come back at noon. It is supposed to get to 100 degrees today.

We were in a pool mood, so I told NJ we would put up the baby pool in our backyard. I filled up the pool and put his slide down in it. He had a great time! There is a hole in the waterhose so when I turned on the water, the water shot out of the hose like a sprinkler. I let the water run so NJ and I could run through "the sprinkler".

We had a picnic lunch outside. NJ has a little picnic table with umbrella that I put up. He enjoyed eating at his table outside. I sat on our picnic table beside him. It was already pretty humid by then and about 94 degrees, so NJ and I went inside. He wasn't happy with that. He can stand the heat better than I can!

5 comments:

Portland wawa said...

Kansas summers. I remember so well. Can't even do anything outside. Too humid, not just the heat.

It is supposed to be hot today, but it's the first time in over 2 weeks since it's been hot. I have been wearing jeans and sweatshirts for 3-4 days now. BB has been in shorts though.

I hate it when I go somewhere and it's closed. The kids get so bummed too.

shakedust said...

It seems that a lot happens while I am at work.

Achtung BB said...

I've noticed a lot of pools have funny hours. You can always take him to a splash park.

roamingwriter said...

heat sounds crazy but we are hitting 100 today and with no a/c I'm hurting. We do have a small unit in the bedroom that is quite loud but we are using it anyway!

T said...

The heat does not seem as "hot" here as it did in OP. I feel for you. Glad you had a great time together, now he'll want to do that everyday! :)