Wednesday, December 19, 2007

pieces of tape

"If you're using more than three pieces of tape, then you know that you're doing something wrong." Pam from The Office said the previous line to Roy regarding wrapping Christmas presents. This was the Christmas episode from last year that played last Thursday because of the writer's strike.

That line keeps going through my head every time I have been wrapping presents this last week. I am not a good present wrapper. In the past, I have used about 6 pieces of tape per present. Two pieces on each end of the box and two on the back of the box.

Dust, however, is an excellent present wrapper. I noticed years ago that he barely used any tape when wrapping gifts. I thought it was odd at the time. I guess I just didn't know the correct way to wrap a present.

6 comments:

T said...

Is there really a correct way to wrap? I think people have signatures in their wrapping. Dash's ex-step mom uses a whole wad of tape on purpose. His dad almost none. I use a moderate amount, but I like to use a lot of wrapping paper :) So usually the gift is very covered. My point, I just assumed everyone had their own style. :)

shakedust said...

I appreciate the confidence. I don't think that I am all that good. I am just usually able to limit myself to three pieces of tape. :)

Achtung BB said...

I'm terrible at wrapping. I wish someone would get a court order banning me from wrapping.

T said...

I say we all go to gift bags and call it a day! :)

Portland wawa said...

I hate wrapping. If the box gets covered and looks presentable, I'm good.

f o r r e s t said...

I did a good job this year.