Monday, November 19, 2007

the winner

This weekend I determined that Dust could win any contest he entered. He won first place for his Halloween costume contest at work. And on Saturday, we won the "mocktail " contest at the elevate party.

The church provided a bunch of ingredients and let us make our own smoothies to enter into the contest. Dust was the brain behind our masterpiece. We kept it simple: ice cream, ice, blackberries, blueberries, raspberry flavoring, ginger ale, and milk. (if I remember correctly) When we taste tested it, I told Dust it was too bland. So we punched it up a little and put it in the blender again. We served it with whipped cream and a blueberry on top. Dust named it "Blue Brew" It was going to be "Dust's Blue Brew" but then the judges would know who made it.

There were four judges doing the taste testing. They spent a long time making their decision. They had a score sheet and I'm not too sure what all the categories were. I was shocked when they read our number and "Blue Brew" as the first place winner. I thought we would get beat out by the oreo and mint drink.

Dust is awesome. He was a good project manager. It kinda felt like a task on the Apprentice. I am going to enter Dust into everything now!

5 comments:

Portland wawa said...

Sounds like you have a budding cook there, sunrise. How about asking him to help you with the cooking???

shakedust said...

I appreciate the confidence. I don't know whether it is warranted, but I appreciate it. :)

T said...

Cool, win big! :) We keep filling out Walmart surveys, but have yet to win the $1,000 gift card. :(

Achtung BB said...

Next time have Dust put a little bit of cough syrup in his drink. That was the secret ingredient to the Flaming Homer. Ask Dust to explain.

roamingwriter said...

Sounds like a fun contest. I think the trick with mixing things is to stay simpler. You can ruin things with too many ingredients. I'd drink a Blue Brew. Though I'm partial to chocolate and mint...hmmm