Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day pasts

I was just thinking about what happened last Valentine's Day. I had my sonogram and found out that we were having a boy! That was a very special V-day. Dust and I have usually gone out to eat at restaurants to celebrate. I then tried to remember what I did for V-day before I met Dust. One V-day in particular stands out.

It was my freshman year in college. It was Valentine's Day and nobody on my floor had a date or plans. Some of the girls wanted to do makeovers to make them feel beautiful. Autumn decided that she wanted to color her hair, so a few of us went to Wal-Mart with her. Autumn had auburn hair and would switch back and forth between red and brown colors. Anyway, while we were at Wal-Mart, Lisa decided that I needed to do something with my hair. Autumn thought that I needed a perm. She said she could give me one in the dorm. I agreed to it. I sat in the bathroom and Autumn put my hair in rollers. Lisa came in to look and got nervous. She didn't think Autumn knew what she was doing. That scared me and they wouldn't let me look. The whole floor reaked of perm solution. Apparantly, we aren't allowed to give perms in the dorm. The end result wasn't that bad. It was curlier than I expected! Almost like a spiral perm, but I had chin length hair. I usually don't do things on a whim like that, but I was glad that I did.

5 comments:

T said...

Sounds like fun. I bet you looked really nice with it like that!

shakedust said...

Last Valentine's Day will be hard to beat. Seeing NJ move around in the sonogram was cool.

---

When I first met Golden the perm was half grown out. That was a very good look for her. Every look she has had is good, but since that is the first I knew of her, that is one of my favorite styles on her.

Achtung BB said...

I hate that perm smell. Smells like burnt hair

gigi said...

I bet you would look adorable with curly hair! You should do it again! It can be your "New-Mom" hair. That would be hot!

roamingwriter said...

Hilarious. I remember those type of days in the dorm. My friends and I never had dates on Valentines so we always wore black as a subtle protest of the cheesiness if you are on the outside.