Sunday, January 29, 2006

baby stuff

I was looking through the ads in the paper. A lot of stores are having good sales on baby items. I read a description of a child car booster seat: For children 30-100 pounds. I laughed when I saw that because I am slightly under 100 pounds. I won't be for long, but maybe I need to be buckled in a booster seat. It would definitely help me see better out of the window. : )

Dust and I went to Babies R Us on Saturday. They have a bigger selection of every baby product than most stores. We were mainly looking at cribs. There were regular wood color ones, white ones, black ones, and dark wood ones. I think I like the white ones the best. I want a crib that can turn into a toddler bed. I also want to get a changing table. I liked the ones with rails the best so the baby won't fall off.

I had looked at some of the crib bedding at Babies R Us, but decided to go online also. They had the bedding collections organized in themes. Characters, florals, plaids, cars & trains. If we have a girl, I liked the "Hello Kitty" themed bedroom the best. If we have a boy, I liked the Locomotion themed bedroom the best. Dust has a toy box in the shape of a train and that would work perfectly. I loved "Hello Kitty" when I was a girl, and if I have a daughter she will definitely be exposed to an appreciation for cats.

8 comments:

T said...

That's cool. N had a 101 dalmation room. C had Peter the Rabit room. Themes are cool. Yeah, the car seat thing is funny. I remember in 6th grade when I was 5'7" and weighed 100 lbs. I can't imagine being in a car seat at 100 lbs! But in Indiana they have a new state law you have to be in a car seat until you are 8 I think. I am surprised they don't just make it till you are the driver! LOL

shakedust said...

No one should need a car seat at 100 pounds. That legal limit of eight years old, though, would probably be why the seats exist.

Is it me or are the wedding and baby industries the biggest rackets in business? I had a hard time walking through Babies 'R' Us without ranting about it.

Jadee said...

Because I didn't know the sex of my babies, I went with a standard unisex theme. It was Primary colors, ABCs, and 123s. My college friend in Colorado found the absolute best crib set at Target that had all three in one. To this day, it is still my youngest son's favorite "blanky"...LOL!

f o r r e s t said...

My sisternlaw has been buying a lot of that stuff locally from craigslist.com from parents who don't need that stuff anymore. She has gotten some really good prices. People are just trying to get rid of the stuff and not make a profit.

Dash said...

c'mon baby do the locomotion!!!


... not that I'm rooting for any particular gender. :-)

T said...

Nice kitty :)

got to have someone rooting for the other side :)

btw, I have a port a crib that I have kept for when kids are over here...but nobody seems to want to use it when they are here...sooooo, it's yours if you want it! It comes with a dashing Lord of the Rings poster! :)

PLLLLLLLEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSEEEEE say you want it! :) :) :) :) :)

shakedust said...

I think Golden will say yes to that. :)

GoldenSunrise said...

Sure, we will take the port-a-crib. We would probably use it at your house in the future. : )