Wednesday, January 11, 2006

another bathroom story

I have noticed something odd the last few times that I have gone into the bathroom at my work. Every time I have stepped into the restroom, there hasn't been anyone else in there. I always check to see how many doors are closed or if I see any feet under the stalls. When I am in the stall, I hear a fizz sound like someone has just opened a bottle of pop. I immediately think, wow, I didn't know anyone else was in here. They must be giving me the courtesy noise or cough to let me know. (Dash mentioned the courtesy cough earlier) As I leave the stall, I look at the other stall doors and there is no one there. That kinda scared me. This happened at least three times. I am in the stall and hear the fizz noise of someone opening a pop.

About a week ago, I was in the restroom at work again. I was standing at the paper towel dispenser when I heard the fizz noise again. I looked up and saw a white container at the top of the wall that had sprayed something. I think it is some kind of air freshner. It said Pez on the side. Not the candy. I laughed but then got offended because I did not stink the place up. I did not go poop. Does it randomly spray out air freshner, or does it detect smell and then spray?

6 comments:

Dash said...

As one that spends an unusually long amount of time in professional restrooms (remember my cell phone yachtzee challenge), I have found that nearly all air freshners like the one you described are on a timer ... or motion sensors (or a combination of both i.e. x seconds after the door opens.)

I can't imagine the kind of smell-o-rific technology that would be required to dispense based on odor levels.

shakedust said...

I have never hear an air freshener go off in a bathroom. But that may be because I don't play phone yahtzee. :)

T said...

What would the world be like if we could evaporate all the bad oders with a smellinator!?

f o r r e s t said...

Are you sure that wasn't the sound of a sunset?

Jadee said...

I had noticed that too, in my restroom, Golden! But I believe mine is on a timer. I saw it advertised on TV that you can set it at 9, 18, 36 mins...

Ours is set on 9 mins...lol! Only once was I there that long!

Be careful, though, once it went off when I was walking right by it...and got in my hair...YUK!!!

Anonymous said...

If I was an evil boss, I would have such a device in my bathrooms that would put out foul odors in order to ensure "cell phone Yachtzee" was kept to a minimum. Actually, I would have fun and have it put out burning smells at increased intervals to freak people out.