Thursday, September 01, 2005

"Nip it in the bud" or a story about my glasses

I am not normally a procrastinater, but when it comes to fixing problems with objects or people, I am one. I broke the nose pad off of my glasses about a month ago or more. For some reason I just never got around to fixing it. I took the other nose pad off, so my glasses wouldn't be lopsided. Noone has said anything to me about my glasses, so maybe noone noticed. Or maybe my friends did notice but didn't want to point it out. So, I have been wearing my eyeglasses without nose pads. They had been slipping a lot when I had my head down.

Today I realized that I really needed to take care of that problem. I keep hearing Barney Fife from Mayberry in my head telling me to "Nip it in the bud." Whenever I have a task to complete, I repeat, "Nip it, nip it in the bud." I decided to go to Target because I remember them having an eyeglass center in the store. I asked the lady if she had a repair kit and she showed me the little screwdriver. I asked if the kit had nose pads. She said," No, but you need them don't you, I can tell." She took my glasses and proceeded to put two new nose pads on them. She cleaned and adjusted them for me also. She was so nice as we chatted. "It is free of charge," she said. "Are you sure," I said. I thought I might have to pay something because I did not buy my glasses there. Come in any time and they can fix or adjust your glasses for free. Awesome! Target rocks!

3 comments:

T said...

That's great. Glad you were able to get that taken care of. I am the worst about getting new glasses when I need them and especially about fixing them when they need to be fixed. Jadee's dad was good with that when she was growing up---so I usually wait till I see her and let her do it for me! She's even replaced nose pads for me from her old glasses before! I guess I should put her to work on other things and take more advantage of the kind Target lady instead! But Jadee's good about friendly banter while fixing too!? HUMMMM I'll have to think about that!?

Of course, now that she's reading this...she'll probably tell me to definatly go to Target! Maybe I could get her to visit me and move onto fixing other things...like dinner?! We all know how much I LOVE to cook! LOL

shakedust said...

What's funny about the situation is that I think the glasses annoyed me more than Golden. I pointed out that there are repair kits for glasses that she could use. At the least we could just wrap white tape around the bridge of the glasses. :)

Anyway, that is a chore completed now.

Jadee said...

I agree with Dust...I think I was more concerned about T's glasses not fitting her right. And she was driving on a long trip!

I guess this comes from year of glasses-wearing experience. I love the change contacts made in my life my junior year of college!! My eyesight actually improved in my left eye this last exam.

I am looking forward to getting back into my contacts since I have been wearing my glasses the entire 6 weeks of this hospital ordeal. Yuk! :-P