Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Every day has a schedule

My MomMaw (grandmother on mom's side) loved having routines. She is in Heaven now. I wonder what her schedule is like now? Monday was her laundry day that included washing her white bed sheets. Tuesday was her hair day at the beauty shop. I think she only washed her hair once a week. She had a big ratted poof of a hairstyle. MomMaw was easy to pick out when she came to grandparents day at school. She was the black haired big poof lady. Wednesday was her shopping day at the mall. She had so many purses that she probably bought one every week. MomMaw would buy tacos at Taco Bell or beef sandwhiches at Arby's at the food court and bring them home for supper. I can't remember what she did on Thursdays and Fridays. I think she would go to SDC or Branson with her best friend. MomMaw loved bus trips and she probably left on Fridays.

I was thinking about all of this recently because I realized that I have routines also. Mondays I buy groceries and at night I call my parents. Tuesday I do laundry. I like to have my weekends free of grocery shopping and laundry. That way I can travel and have fun and not worry. If I have time after work and before church on Wednesdays I go shopping. (Wal-mart, mall, Kohls)
Dust has his routine of calling his parents on Sunday night. He likes having schedules also.

Schedules are wonderful!

3 comments:

T said...

I use to be a lot more schedule oriented then I am now. I still have things I try to accomplish within a given day, but I no longer have a "laudry" day or store day.

Now my weekends determine what I do and when. The more we have scheduled outside the home on a weekend, the more I do in the home the week before and the week after to keep up/catch up.

f o r r e s t said...

You moomaw sounds like she had an awesome life. I would like to get to the point where I could spend a day on my hair and eat at food courts and then take bus trips to SDC.

shakedust said...

When we first moved to KC for the first four or five months it seemed we did nothing so we didn't really have a routine (especially a weekday routine) down. Now I know what is going to happen based on the day.

Unfortunately, too much of our routine is based on what is playing on the Networks.