Friday, June 06, 2008

this weekend

Today NJ and I went with the MOPS group to Deanna Rose. We had a nice time. NJ loved the playground and the John Deere tractors that you can ride on. The weather wasn't too hot because of the storms we had last night.

Tomorrow, we are going to have a yard sale. It is our neighborhood sale so hopefully there will be a lot of traffic going by. A few years ago I had a yard sale that only made $20. I didn't have any "big ticket" items like furniture. This time I do have some furniture--kitchen table & chairs, coffee table, and bar stools. Hopefully, I can make more money this time.

7 comments:

T said...

Are you getting rid of your kitchen table? I love that table! I still wish we had one like it! :) I am sure it will go fast, it's a great item. I hope you have great luck with your sale.

Achtung BB said...

I've never like doing garage sales. I've never made enough to make them worth while.

GoldenSunrise said...

It was the worst garage sale ever. Only made $18. Noone bought any of the furniture. I couldn't believe it.

Dash said...

:-(

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shakedust said...

Yeah, the yard sale was a bit of a flop. Those things happen, though. Golden did get the opportunity to talk with one of our neighbors for a while, so at least that was good.

Portland wawa said...

Sorry about the sale.
We used to have a neighborhood sale every year growing up, but I can't remember if mom ever made money. I don't think I will ever do a garage sale, too much work for not much reward.

T said...

Sorry to hear about the garage sale. What a bummer. I hope you had some fun talking to your neighbor though! Find the silver lining! :)