Friday, January 18, 2008

rough week

We all have colds in our family. It has hit us all hard. NJ had a fever for about 3 days. My body has ached and I have no energy. NJ has been extremely clingy and wants me to carry him around the house all day. So, I haven't been getting the rest that I need. Poor Dust is going to work with his cold. We have plans to re-do our bathroom this weekend. I am going to tell Dust to rest as much as he can.

Last weekend, Dust painted our bathroom a medium brown color. He put up a new light fixture and mirror. This weekend, we need to put the new sink/vanity in and put down tile flooring. I had debated on whether to get a pedestal sink and decided against it. I want a cohesive look in the bathroom and had a hard time picking out individual items that matched together. Our mirror, vanity and cabinet unit that goes over the toilet matches. It is a cherry wood, which I usually don't like. I am using three different shades of brown in the bathroom. I hope the finished product looks put together.

4 comments:

T said...

It sounds GREAT! I love browns right now. The "earth tones" you can do so much with. You'll have to take pictures to document the process and post them for us all to see!

ps...hope you all feel better REAL soon, sorry to hear that you are sick :(

shakedust said...

I plan on posting the process on the bathroom construction with pictures once it is complete.

My cold was horrible until today, so it affected me at the office and school. It did not really affect my work on the bathroom, though.

As is the case with a lot of home projects, I don't think the tiling and sink will be in this weekend. My goal is to start the tiling on Monday.

I spent all of today removing the sink and toilet, and removing three (yeah, three) layers of vinyl tile from the floor.

We are keeping NJ out of church tomorrow, though, because he is probably still contagious. His cold was more severe than Golden's and mine (and our's were bad), and his is lingering longer.

With the last paragraph, I think I officially made my comment longer than Golden's entire post.

Portland wawa said...

I can't picture your old bathroom very well in my head so it's hard to see what the new improvements will do. I hope they look as fabulous as our new floor. And I hope you all feel better really soon.

Achtung BB said...

I don't think our floor would look fabulous if I did it. I'm always a little worried with trying project on my own especially when I don't know what I'm doing. I would never attempt to redo a bathroom.