Friday, March 16, 2007

balance

I received some good advice from an old friend yesterday. I realized that I needed more of a balance in my life in regards to taking care of myself. I told this friend that I was exhausted. She couldn't understand why. She said, "You're not one of those moms that won't put their baby down in the play pen and will sometimes skip showers." Yeah, I was. I hadn't been taking a break for myself. I felt sad about going to work and not having time with NJ. So, when we were together, I crawled around with him and was with him all the time. Just this week, I started putting NJ in the playpen in front of the tv while I was getting things ready in the morning. My mornings have been less stressful. Before, I was sitting on the floor blow drying my hair with NJ right there beside me.

I took some time out for myself yesterday. I got finished with my work, so I left early. I went to get a haircut! I can't remember the last time I took time to get my hair cut. That's why it grew out! I also went to use some of the gift cards I got for X-mas! I went to Kohl's and bought an outfit. I am feeling really good about myself. And not so guilty about letting NJ watch tv so I can take care of the house and myself!

5 comments:

shakedust said...

You're a supermom. NJ is fortunate.

T said...

Balance is important. I like your hair cut too! :)

Achtung BB said...

Can't take of others if you can't take care of yourself. It's tough working and raising a child

roamingwriter said...

Yeah, you gotta be good to you and healthy, in order to take care of everyone else. It's an important lesson to start learning while NJ is little. I'm very impressed with you. Now I need to see a picture of the hair cut.

windarkwingod said...

I want to see the haircut picture as well. I have never been a parent, but anyone who is has my total respect for the fundamental work involved in raising a child!