Wednesday, July 26, 2006

help

I have a hard time asking people for help when I need it. I usually begin in denial that I actually need help. I always try to do things myself first. Then pride seeps in and I am unable to ask for help. I feel bad asking people for help. I hate to bother people.

As time goes on, I hope that somebody notices that I need help. If someone else sees the need and offers, I have no problem with accepting help. I am thinking back to when I was teaching Stars. I needed help and there were several people that noticed it. Many people would look into my class and say, "Golden, is there anyone helping you?" Sometimes my answer was, "Yes, they are chit-chatting down the hall." Anyway, I finally had to quit. I usually come to a breaking point with my need for help. I let it go too long, and become an emotional basketcase.

I really want to change. I am going to try to accept help. And accept that it is ok to ask for help. My help with the baby is arriving tonight. I know Grandma will be thrilled to hold NJ while I take a much needed nap. : )

6 comments:

shakedust said...

I asked Golden if she was trying to give me a hint with this post. She said no. :)

The grandparents are looking forward to spending time with NJ as much as we are looking forward to them spending time with him.

f o r r e s t said...

-

T said...

Glad that you'll have some help this week with the grandparents coming into town. I understand what you mean about asking for help verses accepting help that is offered. We are that way. I wonder if not living around family makes us more that way?

Anonymous said...

I really, really, really, really, really wish I could be there. I would help!

windarkwingod said...

I don't like to ask for help. But I need it quite often. Probably not as much as you guys do right now!

roamingwriter said...

I don't like to ask for help and I've run into a couple people lately who don't like people who hint. I think I need to move away from hinting and swallow, gulp, simply ask. People like to be helpful usually, so that's the upside.