Tuesday, July 11, 2006

building muscles

Yesterday and today I had to journey out of the house with the baby by myself. I had practiced getting NJ in the car seat and loading the car seat in and out of the base. I didn't have any problems in that area though. The hard part was carrying the car seat from the car to the doctor's building. NJ had a doctor appointment yesterday and I had one today. The parking lot was packed and both times I had to park out farther than I have ever had to in the past. My doctor commented to me that I would be building muscles that I never knew that I could have with carting the baby around. I said that I really should be building my muscles anyway.

I didn't do much exercising while I was pregnant and I am supposed to be taking it easy right now. I have noticed that I have lost all muscle tone in my legs. My legs are basically skin and bones now that I am not swollen from pregnancy. I think my whole body is in lethargy. I want to slowly get my strength up again.

Regarding the car seat---I should have put it in the stroller. Duh! It didn't occur to me until I saw another lady with her car seat/stroller in the doctor office. It would have been hard to maneuver up the steps to the building though. I always seem to make things harder for myself. : )

7 comments:

shakedust said...

Golden has had to walk across the same parking lot with NJ in tow twice in as many days because her doctor and his are in the same building. I think she is relieved that she doesn't have to go out on Wednesday.

T said...

Sit back, relax and enjoy your Wednesday! You've earned a day off. I wasn't driving a week after my kids, so Dash did the carrying and the parking for me! :)
Good thing too, I didn't have the fancy stoller car seat!

roamingwriter said...

I have a few times carried a little person in a car seat. That's sooooo heavy! You are in for some serious muscles!

f o r r e s t said...

Those little car seat can get heavy!

With the stroller, don't worry about stairs - use the elevator.

Dash said...

..of course we found a stroller that we could buckle the car seat into .. well sorta...

T said...

We just took the kid out of the car seat and put her/him in a stroller.

windarkwingod said...

Wow - a brand new world of logistics... Hats Off!