Sunday, June 18, 2006

new restaurants

Dust and I went to a pizza place that we had never been to before on Saturday. It was called Stonewall Pizza and it wasn't too far of a drive from our house. The restaurant was in an old house. There was another house next door that was a restaurant called Stonewall Inn. They served BBQ. In front of the pizza place was several picnic tables. The majority of the customers ate outside. It was a real cute mom and pop type business. They served New York style pizza by the slice or by the pie. The combo came with a side salad, drink, and slice of pizza for $5.50. That's what Dust and I got. It tasted good and it wasn't greasy or oily like some pizzas can be.

We tried out RJ's BBQ or Bob-B-Que today with friends. I had had the meat once before but not the whole meal deal. My burnt ends sandwhich was pretty good. The cheesy corn bake serving was very small though. I still like Jack Stack and KC Masterpiece better, but this was a nice cheaper alternative. And without a waiting line.

6 comments:

T said...

It was nice to not have a waiting line. I liked the food okay, but Jacks Stack is still #1 for me and then KC Masterpiece. I agree, cheesy cornbake should be served as a larger side!

T said...

That pizza place sounds like a fun place to try sometime! :) I'd be interested in finding out where it is located specifically

shakedust said...

Stonewall is at 103rd and Pflumm. It's one of those places where you go if you want to eat outside. It was good enough. I think New York Pizza in Springfield is a little better, but this is a decent local alternative.

Jadee said...

Just tell me that it wasn't "stonewall" cold...ROFL!

(okay...it's 2:10am) =D

roamingwriter said...

You guys are killing me with the barbeque!!! It's summer and definitely time for some bbq. I've seen that pizza place but never stopped there. Maybe we'll try some day.

f o r r e s t said...

mmmmmmmh. bob-b-que. I am hungry. I love all of God's bbq equally.