Thursday, June 01, 2006

jell-o fruit salad

Does anybody actually eat the jell-o fruit salads that you find at the beginning of a cafeteria style buffet restaurant? I know my grandparents do and sometimes my parents will get the fruit salad. Do people in my generation eat the fruit salad?

I was thinking about this recently because my new co-worker eats a jell-0 fruit salad almost every day. It looks like she makes it herself in individual tupperware servings. Every day she has a different flavor of jell-0 along with various fruits. I have seen pecans and something that looks like cottage cheese in one of her salads. When I look at the jell-o salad it makes me want to puke. It does not look appetizing at all. It actually looks like something someone threw-up. There are items in the salad that I cannot identify.

My co-worker asked me if there were certain foods that made me sick/throw-up with my pregnancy. I wanted to say, "Well, your jell-o salad makes me want to throw-up just looking at it."

4 comments:

T said...

oh the Jello with fruit is AWEFUL. My mom use to fix it thinking it was a treat. I was so relieved when she caught on to the fact that we didn't like it at all! YUK. (But I do think dash likes it...so there might be one person from our generation that will eat it.)

shakedust said...

Dar is the person who writes at Darkwinkword. :)

I actually like Jello with fruit (or don't not like it at least). I don't go for the nuts, coconuts, or other things that people put in Jello, though.

Dash said...

the only things worse than jello salad are the "meat salads" i.e. ham sald or god-help-me bologna salad errrgggghhhhhh,

f o r r e s t said...

They are not bad. They can look worse than they taste. Jello salads must have been a popular fad from the '70's that the older generation just can't get enough of.