Sunday, June 11, 2006

the last few days

I have somewhat enjoyed my time at home these last few days. Despite going to the bathroom every 30 min. to an hour and the occasional contraction. I have watched a couple of movies--The Family Stone and In Her Shoes. I finished my thank-you cards from the baby shower. I have even opened the baby's gifts and organized them in his room.

Dust went to the grocery store for the first time without me yesterday. I made a list for him and tried to put the items in order according to the layout of the store. He called me three times while he was at the store with questions. "What is the sour cream for, and what size of container should I buy?" "What flavor of hot pockets do you want?" "There isn't a Dove brand deodorant in travel size is the Secret brand ok?" He did a good job though with buying groceries.

Dust did a great job doing the laundry, getting the trash together and taking it out, and mowing the lawn. He even had time to relax on the recliner with his laptop. I didn't like the recliner. My belly was putting too much pressure on my back being reclined. I have been on the couch.

6 comments:

shakedust said...

I am happy to still have the recliner. I will be even happier when I am not doing the grocery runs. :)

T said...

glad you are comfy on the couch. Hope things go well at the doctor today.

f o r r e s t said...

Wait, I know laundry is a new job for Dust, but surely he has always done the trash and mowed the lawn - right?

shakedust said...

Always the lawn. Trash about 50% of the time.

Achtung BB said...

I can relate to Dust. It's hard to know what everyone wants and where to find it

Jadee said...

Dust, this is practice for when you need to make a run to the store in the middle of the night when the baby is up and needs something...because Golden will be taking care of him!