Sunday, June 19, 2005

Ode to a Bobber

Hold, release and plop you go
When you will sink I do not know
You look so lonely out in the blue
The fishes below have no clue

My eyes affixed to your slight sways
In a moment you no longer lay
Furiously I try to reel on
Looking down my line is gone

Of all those owned by my father
You were his favorite little bobber
We watched for the place you would appear
But couldn't find you far or near

In the end who is the winner?
If the fish is found it will be dinner

4 comments:

T said...

Were we possibly out on the boat this weekend?!

windarkwingod said...

I hate the bobber nabbers!
about them we all jabbers!

Dash said...

Mr. and Mrs. Sunrise appear to have compired

To bring us words on a wire. The rhyming words do certainly jumble
Making me stutter and mumble.

This one wasn't as good as my comment tossed off the bridge.

roamingwriter said...

You're too funny. : )