Monday, May 02, 2005

things you've always wanted to do

Yesterday in Sunday School, we talked about things you should learn in your 20's. Some thirty year olds were saying that they were glad that they got to travel and fulfill their dreams in their 20's before they got married and settled down. This got me thinking, "Is there anything I want to do before I reach my 30's?"

It seems that everyone has the desire to travel. If I am honest with myself, I really don't have that desire. I am a creature of habit and ritual. I like sleeping in my own bed and keeping a schedule of when I eat meals. I tend to get "backed up" whenever we travel because my schedule is always thrown off. I don't adapt to change very well, and I am really not that flexible. This is something I am working on.

Things that I want to do are probably little things. Being shy, there has always been things that I wanted to try but was always too embarrassed because people would be looking at me. Last night I had the opportunity to jump on a trampoline. I have only been on a trampoline maybe a couple of times. I haven't had that much fun in awhile. It was like I was a kid again with no cares in the world except trying not to fall over the edge. It was kinda liberating. Mr. Sunrise watched me from inside the house. He commented to the people inside that he hadn't seen me smile that much in a long time. I am so glad that I swallowed my pride and did something that I wanted to do.

7 comments:

roamingwriter said...

You go girl! I think you are exactly right about things we would try if we weren't embarrassed or afraid of looking silly. It's funny what holds us back and what we would try if no one was looking. There's nothing like fun and laughter to keep us young and even healthy.
Imagine if we all lived totally free from what other people think? I suppose on the fun side that would be great, but some of those restraints probably keep us from committing crimes too! HA!

Jadee said...

GOOD FOR YOU! I think you are growing personally, despite your shyness. I am pleased to be getting to know you! Keep up the spirit!

I remember the thrill of swinging at the park in college...it was such a stress release from studying. Nothing like letting the kid in you shine through...it also helps alleviate the aging process of your 30's--believe me, I know all about that!! (33)LOL

T said...

So are you saying your idea of adventure is eating at 7 instead of 6! j/k. I think it's great that you took time to have fun. I've done things like that before, you only live once, might as well make it worth while!

GoldenSunrise said...

t, eating at 7 would be living on the edge for me! Very sad, I know. My husband says it is like he is married to an old retired person because I like to eat supper early.

Anonymous said...

Is it lights out at 8 too?!?

GoldenSunrise said...

FYI, My bedtime is 10 pm on weeknights. Just so you know in case I am at your house on a weeknight. : )
My bedtime is later on Friday and Saturdays-11 ish.

f o r r e s t said...

Again, from the smiths:

Shyness is nice, and
Shyness can stop you
From doing all the things in life
You'd like to

Shyness is nice, and
Shyness can stop you
From doing all the things in life
You'd like to


So, if there's something you'd like to try
If there's something you'd like to try
ASK ME - I WON'T SAY "NO" - HOW COULD I ?


Coyness is nice, and
Coyness can stop you
From saying all the things in
Life you'd like to


So, if there's something you'd like to try
If there's something you'd like to try
ASK ME - I WON'T SAY "NO" - HOW COULD I ?

Spending warm Summer days indoors
Writing frightening verse
To a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg


ASK ME, ASK ME, ASK ME
ASK ME, ASK ME, ASK ME


Because if it's not Love
Then it's the Bomb, the Bomb, the Bomb, the Bomb, the Bomb, the Bomb, the Bomb
That will bring us together


Nature is a language - can't you read ?
Nature is a language - can't you read ?


SO ... ASK ME, ASK ME, ASK ME
ASK ME, ASK ME, ASK ME


Because if it's not Love
Then it's the Bomb, the Bomb, the Bomb, the Bomb, the Bomb, the Bomb, the Bomb
That will bring us together


If it's not Love
Then it's the Bomb
Then it's the Bomb
That will bring us together


SO ... ASK ME, ASK ME, ASK ME
ASK ME, ASK ME, ASK ME
Oh, la ...

-the smiths