Thursday, April 28, 2005

the box of paper

In addition to doing accounting work for my boss, I also have to buy office supplies. I always dread the day I have to go to Office Max and pick up a box of hp computer paper. It is extremely heavy and always kills my hands and arm muscles. It takes me a day to recover because of how sore my muscles become. My boss is usually never there to help bring it in from my car.

Yesterday was Office Max day. I already made up my mind that I was not going to buy the box. I was going to buy several individually wrapped reams of paper. That would be easier to carry. I pick up 4 reams of paper, some paper clips, and a binder. In the check-out lane, the cashier said, "It would be cheaper if you bought the box and it has 5 reams of paper." "I will go in the back and see if we have any." "Ok, i said" (There is never anyone in Office Max so cashiers can just leave and do those kinds of things) I thought well, she is right and it's not my money that I am spending, so I should go ahead and buy the box. She came back a couple minutes later, and said, "We just sold our last box. Office Max is going to stop selling hp 92 brightness paper in boxes." "That's ok, " I said. Inside I was thrilled!

When I got back to the office, I told my boss about the paper. He said that he wants the hp 92 brightness paper. He will not use anything else. So, I guess I will have to buy them individually. : )

5 comments:

Dash said...

You get to go on field trips to Office Max!!!? That is so not fair.

I can see you wandering over to the office furniture section and sitting at all those really big desks and spinning around in the office chairs.

Do you get to have shopping cart races with the other kids playing hooky?

T said...

Glad that worked out! I btw, have seen dash spin in the office chairs there but he's never talked me into the shopping cart race!

Jadee said...

Okay...from a former OMax CS Sup...its not that there is no one in there....but that we can't get the stock boys to help out our customers! (this was always so frustrating--they were sitting in the back eating donuts) I guess it was for my best interest though...I got some "strength-training" vs. "mouth-stuffing"!

GoldenSunrise said...

You have given me some ideas, Dash. I have always wanted to test out the chairs and desks. There was a time I tried to beat another lady to the check-out lane. I felt bad about making the line before her. There is usually only 1 lane open and everyone always ends up at the check-out lane at the same time. Dash, it looks like you have had a lot of spare time today. Isn't it daddy-daughter work day?

roamingwriter said...

I love office max and office supplies. Looking at all the pretty paper and pens and do-dahs. I'm invariably there longer than I should be. Writers tend to have a longing-for-cool-office-supplies problem.

On the carts however...I do ride my cart to the car at the grocery store. For some reason at Office Max I try to act like a grown up, but I know it's not true.