Monday, April 18, 2005

Am I becoming a mooch?

The company I work for shares office space with an accounting firm. We share a kitchen, copy machine, and receptionist. Today I walked by the kitchen and noticed the receptionist taking a donut out of a box. I told her that the donut looked good and she said that I could have one. It wasn't really my intention to try to get a free donut. This kind of situation seems to happen a lot. The accounting firm always seems to have an abundance of food lying around the kitchen. They have ordered a lot of pizzas recently and of course there are going to be leftovers. They always let me know when there are extra breadsticks or pizza. I almost always take them up on the offer. If I didn't eat it, it would end up in the trash. I kinda feel like a mooch though. Maybe I should bring in some food to share. I have some old candy canes from Christmas. : )

3 comments:

T said...

Sure you don't have some candy pumpkins left from Halloween? Seriously though,if candy has the shelf life that I believe it does, I wonder how long it's life is off the shelf? In my experience it's lives forever!

roamingwriter said...

I've had this mooch sensation a lot in the last year and half as people make sure we are at the front of the line for food and give us extra goodies. Oh yeah...

On the other hand, I miss the days of having an office to dump some strange overload of food out of my house and into willing hands and mouths. It was like magic...send food to work that you don't want in the house, and presto, it's gone!

windarkwingod said...

Roaming may not realize that I was willing to stuff any odd pastry or leftover sales meeting food into my cakehole. She was an enabler!!!