Wednesday, March 12, 2008

plans for spring/summer

Today's high is supposed to be around 70 degrees. NJ and I have already played in the backyard. When he gets up from his nap, I want to take him for a walk in the stroller. This nice weather makes me wonder about what NJ and I are going to do this spring and summer.

We are considering getting a membership at the Matt Ross Community Center. It has an indoor pool and exercise equipment. This would be a nice family thing to do on the weekends. Maybe I should get a membership at the local swimming pool? I am not really a pool type person though. I have to be careful about the sun because of my weird moles. Maybe we should buy a swingset and slide for the backyard? I really don't know what to do. But I do want to do something.

Any ideas?

6 comments:

Portland wawa said...

A baby swimming pool would be good, something on the large side that they can grow into. A swingset would be great in your backyard. We don't have room for one, but the park is one block away. My kids also like to play with water guns and sidewalk chalk. They have outdoor bouncy houses that I wish we had room for to. Our sitter has one. Enough ideas???

shakedust said...

Since we don't really have summer plans, I was curious what this was going to be about. :)

The Matt Ross Center could be fun. I wonder if they have trial memberships.

T said...

The swing thing can be fun--I'd recommend something that he can play under that has shade as well as climb on. The actual swing sets aren't as much fun because they can't swing on their own till they get pretty big. They can play on a jungle gym type thing pretty early and they usually like it for a long time (from what I've observed!) :)

Achtung BB said...

I used to have a membership to the Mission Community center (I forgot the name of it). It came in handy

f o r r e s t said...

Parks, pools, bikes, and more parks.

Matt Ross has 3 month memberships.

We belong to the Sylvester Powell Community Center in Mission and use it all the time for swimming when the outdoor pools are closed. In the Summer, we do the OP outdoor pools. They now have UV protected swim shirts. I, too, have to be real careful with all my moles.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.