Saturday, December 09, 2006

December stinks!

I don't look forward to December. It is the busiest month of the year. There are a million Christmas parties to go to where you have to bring a gift and meal. There is always a work dinner. Somewhere you have to fit in Christmas cards and buying gifts. We always travel to see both sides of the family. (I should explain that I get panic attacks when I think of everything that has to get accomplished.)

I would complain some more but I am feeling a little better about things. I think I have my Christmas shopping done! We did a lot of ordering online this year. We aren't buying as many gifts either as last year.

I am looking forward to seeing Roamer and Dar. Their party won't be so bad or stressful.

5 comments:

shakedust said...

I think Golden and I feed off each other's attitude at this time of year, because I am a real Scrooge. If we didn't have as many responsibilities it wouldn't be as bad.

Last year I (and maybe one or two other people) rallied for us to have our company holiday dinner in January. It was spectacular to do that at a less busy time.

T said...

I know what you mean. I think it's especially difficult for those that have to travel to multiple states for family. Our round trip this year will be over 2000 miles.

T said...

I'm looking forward to the party with Roamer and Dar, but we actually don't have a lot of parties this year, so other then our trip we're party lite in 2006! :)

Achtung BB said...

I hope their party won't be stressful

roamingwriter said...

I sure enjoyed hanging out with you guys and I'm so glad you did go to the effort to have a time for us to be together. I did several parties before we got here so I can appreciate the stress your talking about!!