Wednesday, December 13, 2006

contraband heater

It is very cold in the office building that I work in. There is no thermostat in our suite to control the temp. Apparantly, the temp. in the whole building is controlled by maintenance. My co-worker has called to complain about the air many times. They are usually nice about it. They turned the temp up a degree for us. (She asked about space heaters and they are not allowed)

Last Friday, when I was off work, the building had trouble with the thermostat. My co-worker said it was 50 degrees. Our friends on the first floor went out to get space heaters. They blew some fuses in their office because they had several of the heaters going.

We knew the heaters were illegal, but our boss said that we could have one anyway. I have been nice and toasty warm with my heater. Sitting by the window makes it very cold. When I came into the office on Monday, I noticed that my heater was hidden in my bottom desk drawer. I asked my co-worker about it, and she said our boss wants us to hide them each night.

4 comments:

shakedust said...

I wear my jacket around work a lot. Space heaters can be a wonderful thing if they aren't all hooked up on the same breaker.

T said...

Glad you are able to be warmer. It's difficult to work when you're cold.

f o r r e s t said...

Now you've got a good reason to wear warm sweaters.

roamingwriter said...

My office is cold too. I tend to wear much warmer clothes than the weather calls for currently. I've been thinking about a space heater too! I wonder if it will be contraband.