Wednesday, April 26, 2006

test results

I came home from work today and saw that we had a message on the answering machine. It was my doctor's office. They gave me an 800 number to call to retrieve a message from my doctor. I guess doctors can't leave medical information on patients' answering machines anymore. I was a little nervous.

The doctor said that my glucose levels came back normal but the test showed that I was anemic. She said she could call in an iron prescription or I could just buy an over-the-counter iron supplement. I'm going for the over-the-counter option.

No wonder I've been so tired lately!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad for you about the blood sugar levels. Hope the iron helps... Grace says try taking Konsyl with it if the Doc will let you.

T said...

I am glad that they caught that and that your glucose test came back good! :) YAY!

f o r r e s t said...

Isn't that pretty normal? -Women needing more iron during preg...

You could always chew on an old fence post.

roamingwriter said...

I thought old fence posts were wood or stone...

I was tired for 2 years with no official outcome from the dr. Finally it was an iron issue (in my bone marrow thus no one noticed). The happy discovery is I can stay awake like normal people on one iron pill a day. It's wonderful. Take it with food!

windarkwingod said...

I've always been border-line anemic. Sometimes I'm in a weary funk and I eat red meat and feel like I had a cup of coffee... I confess that's a weird thing.