Saturday, April 29, 2006

Out of the mouth of a boss

Actual quotes from real-life anal, OCD, narcissistic bosses. These are scenerios that happened in an office environment that I witnessed.
  • (Boss in the office kitchen yelling to the receptionist sitting at her desk) Could you pull out the paper towel rolls to the front of the cupboard so I can see them? They were shoved to the back. (And why can't you take the few seconds to do it yourself?)
  • "After putting each check in an envelope, walk to the mail drop with it. Don't make a stack of envelopes on your desk to take all at once to the mail drop." (Can we say ineffecient?)
  • "Could you bring me a cup of coffee?"
  • "Check your calculations on the calculator three times." (Is three the magic number?)
  • "Run the dishwasher every afternoon, even if there is only one cup in it."
  • "Please don't write on the desk without having something under your piece of paper."
  • "Don't run the envelopes through the postage meter. Use the blank stickers provided by Pitney Bowes and run them through the machine."
  • (on the phone with a Wendy's manager) "Your Wendy's burger gave me food poisoning. I want to file a complaint."
  • "There is too much of a time delay before someone can leave me a voicemail after hearing my greeting." Phone technician says, "There is nothing we can do about that. The length of time is standard."
  • "Order the Hinckly Springs bottled water cooler service. Make sure it is spring water. I can tell the difference. No mineral water."
  • "Let me see the address label on the envelope to see if it matches the invoice address before you seal it and put it in the mail." (Do you think I am that incompetent?)

8 comments:

T said...

I think I would have to remove myself from that environment! WOW, and I thought some of my bosses were bad.

Jadee said...

Wow! I think I will stick to my office woes....at least if they are reading over my shoulder they aren't saying stupid stuff out loud!

f o r r e s t said...

So what's the problem here. I thought you said they were bad. :)

shakedust said...

At least Golden can keep it somewhat interesting when she wants to talk about her day.

Stephanie said...

WOW! He has issues!

f o r r e s t said...

Hey, wouldn't it be great if...

you know those hanging bass fish that talk and sing and wiggle on the plaque.

What if we made one of a boss. Put his head on a plaque and press a button and listen to him yell out "get me some more coffee."

That would be a hoot.

shakedust said...

Yeah, instead of a "Billy Bass" it could be a "Billy Lundburg"!

windarkwingod said...

Confession time: I use to use the catch and release method when we had our "little mouse problem" in our green house on 72nd street. It's fun turning your boss's office into a rodent sanctuary... (they like a little bit of powderded coffee creamer for breakfast when you open the doors first thing in the manana...)