Tuesday, July 15, 2008

it's a surprise

Dust and I have officially decided on a name for our baby girl. But, we are keeping it a surprise! Sorry to dissapoint anyone. I know we told everyone NJ's name, but I want to build up some anticipation. It seems like there are quite a few people at our church that keeps the baby's name a secret until it is born.

I do enjoy going through the book of baby names. I was surprised at some of the meanings of names. There were some meanings that turned me off from the name entirely. Take Emily, for example, it means flatterer. Being a flatterer isn't a positive thing as far as I'm concerned.

Stay tuned until November when the name will be revealed at the baby's birth. : )

4 comments:

Achtung BB said...

We were not very good at keeping secrets. I hope it is a more original name than "Emily" or "Abby." Everyone has got those names

shakedust said...

So, we aren't naming the baby Emily after all? :)

I am quite sure that when everyone hears the baby's name, they will be surprised that this is one that Golden and I picked. Golden pointed out that it is a bit "cooler" than the names people might guess that we would pick.

I will say that we are picking a name that is becoming more popular as of late, but it is also one that we haven't heard used very frequently yet. I think it is pretty original. Now that I say that, I'd bet we have something like three or four families with little girls who have that name start going to the church.

Portland wawa said...

BB and I didn't reveal our kid's names until their birth because we couldn't decide!! Hats off to you for getting it together to decide early.

roamingwriter said...

I guess it won't be Emily. Also, you gotta have something to tell at the hospital, right? Good for you.

I remember seeing multiple definitions of my name, so you might check out multiple books!

There was rarely another kid with my name and that was nice growing up.