Friday, November 17, 2006

Nine years ago today......

Nine years ago today, Dust gave me a note that said he was interested in me. It was also miss carisma's 15th birthday! Happy Birthday! Dust told me that his sister was turning 16 and wanted to know what to buy her. I was messed up on miss Carisma's age for awhile.

Anyway, back to the story behind the note. I had started my work-study job cleaning the Academic Building. I was vacuuming a room on the first floor, when I saw my friend Pete in the window. I went out to see him and he told me to follow him because it was his job to distract me for awhile. Dust was supposed to leave the note on the floor. I ended up seeing him and he handed it to me and Pete and him ran off. The note said, "Golden, I wanted to let you know that I'm interested." He attached his school picture to the note. I was so excited! I couldn't wait to get off work. Dust started work an hour after I did. He cleaned the carpets in the cafeteria. When my friend and I walked back to the dorms after work, we stopped at the cafeteria door. I jumped up and down and waved at Dust. He waved back. I wanted to give him a note in return. I took my name plate that was attached to my dorm door by a magnet off and taped it to a note. I wrote the "feelings are mutual." My friend Pete stuck it in his mailbox at the dorm. Dust came back from work and Pete told him to check his mailbox. We met in the study room and Dust asked me out on a date for Friday. It would be a double-date with Pete.

The rest is history....

9 comments:

shakedust said...

Seems like such a long time ago. Where has time gone?

Oh yeah, happy birthday, Carisma!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes. :o) I'm glad it's a special day for you guys, too. I still remember when Dust told us that he had asked you out on a date (he didn't mention his interest in you to us until he'd actually asked you out).

I got the birthday gifts you guys sent. They are GREAT! Thanks! I'm going to start the book this weekend and I've been listening to the cd all day at work.

T said...

That sounds like a fun way to start dating! :) How did things turn out for Pete?

GoldenSunrise said...

Pete didn't end up with the girls on the double date. Yes, I said girls. He had two dates for the same night. One girl ate at the Olive Garden with us and another girl saw "Men in Black" with us.

Pete left Evangel after one year. He got married the next year to a girl he met at Geneva? college. They didn't like their roommates so they went to the courthouse to get married so they could live together. They had only known each other for about 5 months. They are still married and have three children. He is a pastor of a Baptist church in New York.

roamingwriter said...

Pete sounds like quite a character. Kudos to him for making sure you two checked for notes and got together. Good story!

Achtung BB said...

I didn't know Dust was such the romantic

windarkwingod said...

What went through Dust's mind when he saw you jumping up and down waving in the cafeteria doorway?

GoldenSunrise said...

Dar, Dust felt confident. He knew I would be waving and jumping. He thought, yes, I've got her now!

Anonymous said...

thats a nice story that I haven't heard