Sunday, February 26, 2006

another year older

My parents came up to visit for my birthday this weekend. We took them to Nebraska Furniture Mart since they had never been. My mom was looking for a blue foot stool and a western type picture. It had been awhile since I had been there. We also went to Cabela's. My Dad enjoyed the tent sale of 75% clearance. He bought some coverralls.

For supper we went to George Brett's on the Plaza. We walked around and went into some stores before we ate. I had a KC strip sandwhich that was really good. I had a birthday cake and cookie at home that we had for dessert. I received some nice presents--pajamas, necklaces, a shrug, maternity tee shirt, baby photo album, and DVD's. The best present was being able to spend time with my family. It really meant a lot to me.

My parents left Sunday morning to go back home. They had to get prepared for preaching and doing the song service for the retirement home that night. We ate at Planet Sub with some friends after church. I wanted to get my free sub for my birthday!

I teased Dust this morning about having a wife that is almost two years his senior. This is the time of year that I feel old and it lasts until Dust's birthday.

7 comments:

shakedust said...

It lasts until Dust's birthday... when I feel old. :)

T said...

Happy belated birthday Golden!:) I am glad you had fun with your family and friends! It's great to get to celebrate those moments with people you are close too!

When you start to feel old, just remember I'll always be older then you! It always a fun moment when I remind myself of that with my sisters!

f o r r e s t said...

Happy Birthday G!

Dash said...

Happy B-Day. Sounds like it was a good one.

windarkwingod said...

Your description sounded like fun. I miss K.C. and overalls.

Stephanie said...

Just wait til the baby comes. That's when you really feel old!

Happy Birthday!

Jadee said...

You are definitely having a boy, if you are eating KC strip sandwich...lol! When I finally could start eating again (after morning sickness for 4 1/2 months)...I actually craved red meat. Before then I had never really enjoyed it unless it was a hamburger. And the first thing that I ate for my craving was a KC Strip sandwich....ahhhh...that was the best! =)